Expanding Public Access to the Results of Federally Funded Research
Improving the Management of & Access to the Nation’s Scientific Collections
Data Management Plan Mandates
- NSF Data Management Plans Effective January 18, 2011 the National Science Foundation (NSF) requires a 2-page Data Management Plan as a supplement to all NSF grant proposals.
- NIH Data Sharing Policy The NIH data-sharing policy applies to applicants seeking $500,000 or more in direct costs in any year of the proposed research.
- NEH The National Endowment for the Humanities Office for Digital Humanities announced in June 2011 that their new grant program, Digital Humanities Implementation Grant, will require a data management plan.
- Gordon & Betty Moore The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation’s (GBMF) goals of scientific advancement, environmental conservation, and healthcare improvement will best be served through a culture of open access to data.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Effective January 1, 2015 The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has adopted an Open Access policy that enables the unrestricted access and reuse of all peer-reviewed published research funded, in whole or in part, by the foundation, including any underlying data sets.
- Browse Article and Data Sharing Requirements by Federal Agency (SPARC)